Next Release - Version 3.0
- The latest GFS model will incorporated, increasing global resolution from 720x361 (27km) to 1440x721 (13km).
- Colour maps will be stepped, and a hard "freezing line" will be added at 0°C/32°F for the temperature scale
- Wind streams
- The stepping of isolines and scales of colour maps can be modified by the user.
- It will be possible to save settings to a unique, fixed URL that can be easily bookmarked, revisited and shared.
- Support for the placement of multiple markers (which will stack on the left hand side).
- Markers can be placed by typing in the name of a location ("London", "New York") or a GPS coordinate.
- Data displayed by placed markers can be customised to user preferences and not limited to surface properties.
- Split screen mode with the same view but different data displayed on separate halves, thirds or quarters of the screen.
- A "displacement layer" will be added, allowing the Earth's surface to be displaced vertically according to the selected data.
- Improvements in weather data compression (using wavelets) and a "level of detail" algorithm will be implemented that will dramatically improve download speeds and general responsiveness.
- Expandable graphs that will incorporate archived weather data, allowing current conditions to be compared with historic lows, highs and averages. A separate "Historical Weather Viewer" will also be made available, in addition to the current forecast viewer.
- A camera that can be tilted and swivelled to reveal cross-sectional views of the atmosphere.
- Volume rendering & 3D wind fields.
As ever, comments and suggestions are welcome so please feel free to get in touch.